Food processing areas
Building a food processing area is serious business. MAF and the Health Department have stringent requirements for the design and construction of food processing areas in order to reduce the potential for cross-contamination.
Fortunately we have extensive experience in the construction of food processing areas and are familiar with MAF and Health Department specifications. We can offer expert advice on the most appropriate materials to use for your application.
There are many design and construction requirements for food processing areas that need to be incorporated into any new plant.
- Sanitary design and construction is essential to maintain a hygienic operation.
- Cleanup process must always be a prime consideration in deciding on materials and construction methods.
- Floors should slope towards drains and need to be slip-resistant.
- Floors and walls should be constructed with washable materials that are resistant to cleaning and sanitation materials or to damage by product and process materials.
- Concrete is an ideal material for floors, but should be finished and sealed to produce a hard, dense surface which will resist penetration by liquids.
If you are planning a new food processing area or facility, get in touch with us.
We are so impressed with your outstanding service and the superb job you have made on our new beach house.
Jo & Steve Wood - Whiritoa